To view the guide click on this image:
It looks HOT, with many artists and photographers contributing pieces depicting the Walmadan area and the struggle of trying to protect it.
Despite the wet season, a struggling solar system, the threat of nearby cyclones, and being trapped in the bush due to a flooded dirt road, we have produced this guide primarily from out on Country!
If you want to know more about Camp Walmadan, how we work to help protect the Kimberley from mass industrialisation; or if you want to know more about non-violent direct action, the cultural and environmental wonders of this place, and how you can help, THIS GUIDE IS FOR YOU!!
If you are considering coming to visit us at camp Walmadan, to say hi, or to stay and be active in the campaign (and we hope you are), THIS GUIDE DEFINITELY IS FOR YOU!!!
In this Guide you will find:
* Artworks and photographs of the area and the No Gas Campaign.
You will find info about:
* The Campaign * How to get there & Maps
* Goolaraboloo * Cultural Protocol
* Sacred Land * Camp Life
* Camp Life * What to bring
* Health & Safety * Dry Camp – No Garri No Ganja
* Camp Guidelines * How To Help Out Around Camp
* Contributing to Camp * Decision Making & Conflict Resolution
* Native Plants * The Aboriginal 6 Season Calendar
* Nonviolent Direct Action * Security Culture
* Legal Basics * Services Around Broome
* How to get More Information
To print one of these camp guides, email:
We can send you a link to a high-resolution copy, suitable for printing, and send you printing instructions. These guides are designed to print out into an A5 booklet (A4 folded in half – like a regular zine). The section in the centre is about local plants and their uses. This beautifully illustrated section can pull out to be displayed on your wall.
If you have any questions or trouble printing don’t hesitate to email.
To help spread the word about the direct action being taken to protect the Kimberley, about this ecologically diverse and culturally powerful area, and about ways to become involved, we suggest printing copies out for all your friends, family and workmates. You could even leave a few copies at your local cafe, library etc.
To all our supporters who help in so many ways we send a very big thankyou from camp Walmadan!