Camp Walmadan is approx 50 km north of Broome. It is no longer necessary as a blockade camp to prevent Woodside from desecrating sacred dune burial sites. It is now a stunning piece of coast line for everyone to enjoy. Come for a swim, and camp, a fish, a snorkel… it can be enjoyed to its full potential now that Woodside are no longer lurking around there, and the frontline struggle for protection has subsided.
To get there:
- Take the Great Northern Highway out of Broome towards Derby, after about 10kms turn left onto Cape-Leveque Road.
- The bitumen disappears onto a gravel/sandy and corrugated road. 4WD vehicles, camper trailers and off-road type RVs are best suited for this road.
- Turn left into Manari Road.
- You will pass turn-offs to Willie Creek, Barred Creek and Quondong Point. Continue straight on. All these places are amazing too and worth checking out!
- About 3kms south of James Price Point is where the hub of activity of camp Walmadan once was, you can still see camp structures on your left hand side.
The beautiful beaches and iconic red cliffs of James Price Point is a must see! See for yourself what is worth protecting!
Contact us – email@example.com